Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Death of Pope John Paul II

My father called from the car today to let us know that Pope John Paul II had passed away. This news touched my heart in an unexpected way. I found myself suddenly all the more aware of the great heritage which I have been priveleged to be a part of. Christians around the world mourn the loss of such a holy man. He was exceptionally close to the Lord Jesus and his place will not be easily filled.

Did the death of the Pope touch you? Did the passing of a man incredibly close to God cause a tear to be drawn from your eye? I pray that it did. Whether you are Protestant, Catholic, or Eastern Orthodox, the death of John Paul II should touch us all. I realized today how much I respect the Catholic Church. Perhaps it is something to do with that rich heritage, the legacy of the Catholic Church. I do not really know. All I know is that I was touched today. I will miss Pope John Paul II. The world has lost a great man, yet heaven has received one.
In Christ,
~Ben Robinson

1 comment:

Gram said...

I also felt a sense of awe and loss with the death of such a holy man! What an impact he made on our world. Such influence and change that man brought. Such a gentle,powerful, Godly , humble person! Our prayer is that our God would grant a successor with such wisdom and influence.